Average Cost of Moving a Shed Revealed
Average Cost of Moving a Shed Revealed
If you have an attractive and watertight shed that you don’t want to leave behind when you move, there’s good news – it can move along with you! Our shed movers are skilled at securely transporting sheds – even across long distances. To give you a basic idea of prices, we’re highlighting the average cost of moving a shed and explaining some of the basics involved in the process.
At Glick Woodworks, we are known for both building high-quality Amish sheds as well as transporting sheds and portable buildings. For many people with fairly new, high-quality sheds, the cost of moving a shed is far less than building a new one when they move. Explore our ballpark shed moving prices and reach out to our team to get your exact quotes!
What Does it Cost to Move a Shed?
One of the main reasons that people choose to transplant their shed is to save money. After all, if the shed still looks new and will provide years of reliable storage, there’s no reason to leave it behind. That’s why one of the most common questions we hear is, “What does it cost to move a shed?” The answer depends on several factors, such as the distance the shed needs to travel, the size, and other considerations like permitting. These are the average prices at the time of writing in spring 2022.
Here are some average costs of moving a shed to a new location or to a new space on the same site:
- Local Shed Onsite Move: Approximately $250 to $375 – This price covers moving a shed to a new location on your property for local customers. Moving a shed to another part of your lawn still requires a piece of specialized shed moving machinery. Of course, certain conditions may change the price as well.
- Local Shed Move: Approximately $400 to $500 – Essentially, this average shed moving price covers moving a shed to another location within Lancaster. Generally, this is so affordable because you aren’t far from our headquarters and because we don’t need to transport your shed a great distance.
- Onsite Move for Faraway Customers: Approximately $600 to $700 – If you’re more than 2 hours from our headquarters, our crews will be more than happy to transport your shed. However, the price will be a little higher as you are paying for the travel time required for our crew and equipment.
- Long Distance Shed Move: Approximately $4,000 – Even if you’re moving across the country, your shed can still come with you. We often help people who are moving out of state bring their sheds along. For example, if you want to move your shed from Lancaster to Florida (or any other faraway state!), it will cost in the ballpark of $4,000. Please keep in mind, though, that the more variables like distances there are, the more the average shed moving price will change. Of course compared to the price of building a new very large shed or garage, it is still a bargain.
- Extra-Wide Long Distance Shed Move: Approximately $6,000 to $7,500 – If you want to move an extra-large shed or small garage across the country, it requires additional steps. For example, special permitting and an escort vehicle are needed to make the trip safe and legal. Since this causes the cost of moving a shed to go up in price, this causes many homeowners to consider whether they would rather build something new on their new property.
While these ballpark prices are as accurate as possible at the time of writing in 2022, they are still estimates. The only way to get an exact answer to the question, “What does it cost to move a shed?” is to reach out to our team for an exact quote!
Factors that Affect Shed Moving Prices
Moving a shed is a precise process that requires specialty equipment manned by trained crews. Without professional help, moving a shed is extremely difficult. These are the main factors that influence shed moving prices:
- Length of the total trip
- Size of the shed or structure
- Distance from your home to our location
- Required permitting or escort vehicles
Lock in the Cost of Moving a Shed
For some people, moving a shed is a great solution to save money and keep the shed they rely on now. The only way to get your exact cost of moving a shed is to provide us your information and get a quote. If you’re ready to get started, reach out to our team to get answers and to lock in your price!