Is it Cheaper to Build or Buy a Shed?
For those of you out there hoping to add more space and storage to your home, you may be wondering, is it cheaper to build or buy a shed? Ultimately, it is cheaper and easier to buy an already constructed shed built by a professional. By getting a custom shed from Glick Woodworks, you can have the perfect shed style to match your current outdoor living space while adding on customizations like electricity, windows, flower boxes, and more.
We often hear customers wondering, “Is it cheaper to buy or build a shed?” So, we decided to write today’s blog to give you the advantages and disadvantages of both options. Read on to learn more — or reach out to get your quote today!Get Your Free Quote!
Building Your Own Shed vs Buying One: Price Breakdown
When you start looking into creating your own outdoor shed from scratch, it might seem like a great way to save money. However, there might be some things you are not considering when trying to make this decision. Price is one of the key factors when deciding between building your own shed vs buying one. We’re breaking it all down right here:
- Pros Get Building Materials Much Cheaper — Many shed building companies like Glick Woodworks can get building materials cheaper because we buy them in bulk. That means that we can charge you less, and you don’t get saddled with extra materials and shed building supplies you can’t get rid of. Simply put: you’ll pay far more for the same building than we will.
- Professional Sheds Are Built to Last Longer — This is where the long-term savings factor in. A hand-built shed from a company like Glick Woodworks will last longer than a shed built by an amateur. If you don’t want to have to revisit the headache and expense of building your shed again, it is smarter and more cost-effective to leave it to a group of professional shed builders. Our sheds are built to last for several decades — most homeowners can’t build a shed that durable.
- It Likely Will Take You a Long Time — When you factor in what your time is worth, then the answer to whether it is cheaper to build or buy a shed is clear. When you work with us, you get a turnkey product, because we handle everything from the building to delivery. Saving money (in the form of saving time) is a clincher for building your own shed vs buying one.
So, is it cheaper to build or buy a shed? Based on the information we provided above, it is cheaper long-term to buy a shed from a trusted shed builder!
Other Advantages of Professionally-Built Sheds
Not only do we believe that it can be better for your wallet to buy a shed vs building one, but it’s more convenient than you might think. Here’s what we mean:
- You Get Custom Options — First, if you want to have an outdoor shed that is sure to be the envy of your neighbors, you need custom options. When building your own shed, you miss out on the great custom options Glick Woodworks can offer that include electricity and other touches like flower boxes, windows, specialty doors, roof options, and more. These stylish customizations are great ways to increase your property value and to also add features that will make using your shed easier.
- No Building Headaches — Figuring out how to build an outdoor shed from scratch is enough to stress anyone out — even the most intrepid DIYers. Instead of trying to figure out what materials to use, where to place your shed, or what steps to start with, Glick Woodworks can do all that for you. You won’t have to waste a minute of your time worrying about the project or stopping halfway through because you made a mistake. You can trust our shed experts to craft your backyard shed perfectly to your specifications.
- Enjoy Quick Shed Turnaround — Because we have a team of skilled shed builders, we can complete your shed project quickly. That means you can start enjoying the benefits of your shed sooner rather than having your backyard shed become that Sunday project that you never get around to.
Buy Your Shed from Glick Woodworks Today
A good question that many people are asking today is, “is it cheaper to build or buy a shed?” As you can see by the information we shared above, there are many advantages to letting a custom shed building company like Glick Woodworks create your custom outdoor shed for you. For a long-term backyard shed that you can customize and have delivered with no hassle, you can’t go wrong buying a shed. We also can create custom garages, modular barns, and other custom buildings that can be delivered throughout Lancaster and York Counties. Call or contact us today to order your outdoor shed or for more information!