Prefabricated Garages vs. Built-On-Site Garages: Comparing the Advantages of Each
If you’re in the market for a new garage, you may be wondering what your options are. There are two main ways to add a garage to your property – prefabricated or built-on-site. Each option has its own set of pros and cons, so it’s important to weigh all the factors before deciding.
So, which is the better option for you? Ultimately, it depends on your budget, storage needs, and the layout of your property. In this blog, we’ll compare the advantages of prefabricated and built on-site garages, so you can make an informed decision – or contact us right here to get started!
Prefab vs. Stick Built Garages
You have two main options when it comes to building a garage – prefab or stick built. So, what’s the difference? Prefab garages are made in a factory and then delivered to your home. Stick built garages are constructed on site, piece by piece. But which one is better for you?
Prefab Garage Advantages
- Cost: Homeowners often choose prefabricated garages because they come at a lower cost than traditionally constructed garages. Since the garage was prefabricated off-site, the time and cost needed for designing and constructing the building is eliminated. In addition, the laying of a concrete foundation is not required for a prefab shed – which means homeowners can save money in this area too!
- Fast & Efficient: The delivery and installations are fast – usually in just one day! These structures can be set up on your property quickly and with little disruption to your day. Also, since these are not considered “permanent structures”, acquiring a permit for your garage is usually a quick process.
- Variety of Styles: You can find prefabricated garages in a variety of styles to match the look of your home. Whether you prefer a more traditional garage or something with a more modern flair, there’s sure to be an option that suits your taste and storage needs.
Stick Built Garage Advantages
- Durability: One of the main advantages of stick-built garages is that they are extremely durable. The durability of a custom-built garage starts with its foundation. Stick built garages are required to be built on a level concrete foundation, which is why they are known to last for 30-50 years!
- Customizable: Can be customized to your specific needs and wants. Not only will this give you more control over the final product, but it also gives back in appreciation for all that was put into building the garage. If you need a certain size or want certain features, a stick-built garage is the way to go. (Check out our 3D design center to build your custom garage.)
- Maximum Space: Built on-site garages give you the freedom to build a bigger, better garage than prefabricated ones.
Prefabricated vs. Built On-Site Garages: The Choice is Yours!
As we’ve discovered, there are many aspects to consider when deciding between a prefabricated and on-site built garage. Ultimately, the right choice for you will come down to your budget, storage needs, the layout of your property, and most importantly, the team you choose to build your garage. Reintroducing Glick Woodworks!
All of our garages are made out of high-quality materials and are built to last. We also offer a wide variety of customization options, so you can choose the perfect garage for your property. And our team is experienced so you can rest assured that your garage will be built with care and precision.
Whichever route you choose between prefabricated vs. built-on-site garages, find out how Glick Woodworks can help you handle the entire process. Contact us today!